Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Online Edition of my Support Letter

Dear Family & Friends,
    For many of you, this may be the second letter you have received from me regarding my favorite country on the African continent; Kenya. Last year, I was completely humbled and extremely grateful with everyone’s support financially and spiritually; thank you. Jesus continued to put Kenya on my heart since my first mission trip to Nairobi, Kenya last July. I was able to learn some powerful things about God’s love for us and have continually shown them through my actions. I hope I have brought a little bit of Kenya back to Newport Beach!
Since then God has done some amazing things in my own life here at home. I was given the opportunity to serve on the High School Ministries leadership, work with Junior High Ministries every Sunday morning, help start a children’s ministry at a brand new church, and in the November of 2010 I was baptized at Mariners Church! In the fall of next year I will be attending Westmont College in Santa Barbara, CA. It has been quite the busy year!
    In between AP classes, babysitting jobs and being the “in-home nanny” for my brother and sister, I have somehow found the opportunity to be invited back to Kenya. I have been asked, again, by Mariners Church to attend High School Ministries Faith Adventure from June 26 to July 18 as a Student leader. I was so positively affected by my last trip to Kenya that I am going as a servant of God in high hopes to be apart of the students growth with Jesus. For the first half of the trip, I will be serving in Nairobi, just as I did last year, with a group of Kenyan High School Students. We will be traveling to the slums of Kibera to run a Vacation Bible School, visiting internally displaced people’s camps, and traveling to a smaller village called Kitale, to work with an organization called Oasis of Hope. For the second half of the trip, I will return to Kitale, Kenya with just my bible study leader Allison Hibbard. For Allison, Kitale is her second home. We will be living with her friends working more intensely with Oasis of Hope. Ultimately, this will be a completely different experience then that of which I had last year.
    I would love to have you be apart of this trip to Kenya with me. There are two opportunities for you to be apart of this journey with me. The first way is committing to keep me in your thoughts and prayers and I go through this journey. Positive thoughts and prayers are greatly appreciated for the physical and spiritual safety of my team.
The second way is financially. If you want to help financially, you can contribute online by credit card, using the instructions on the enclosed envelope (we accept Visa, MasterCard and Amex).  If you would like to write a check, please write your check to Mariners Church.  On the memo line designate (trip Name) and fill out the envelope.  We will take donations at any time but are hoping to see the support by (date).   Please mail the gift to 5001 Newport Coast Drive. Irvine, CA. 92603.  You can also give online by going to "http://www.marinersoutreach.org/fagiving" www.marinersoutreach.org/fagiving .  I will see that you have donated but will not know what amount you have given. 
I know and understand that these are difficult times, but please know that any amount helps and is greatly appreciated!

With lots of love and excitement,

Ryanne <3

No comments:

Post a Comment