Sunday, July 10, 2011

I don't even know what day it is.

HELLO!

I am so sorry I have taken so long to let you know how I have been doing. This trip has been just so incredible. I'm telling you- God really does have to take me all the way to Kenya just to tell me a years worth of lessons. Right now I'm sitting in the dining room of my home for the next week. There are about twenty college students staying here with a family from Saddleback church in California.  I really only know my small group leader Allison- and for the next week she will be my bunk partner.

The past two weeks have been crazy. Our first day here we met with our Kenyan team in Nairobi (my roomate's name is Daizzy). We spent a full week doing some of the hardest serving projects I have yet to encounter. We were back at the school in the slums that I loved so much last year called Chamrecc. We went to a children's orphanage in the slums called Joy Valley. We visited the stinkin cutest babies ever at a baby home called New Life. We went back to Chamrecc to help run a service for the kids. I kissed a giraffe and I didn't like it.

The second week, we traveled to Kitale on Sunday after church. It was the longest 7 hour bus drive I've ever been on. I would love to sit here and write for an hour but I would like to sleep after returning to Kitale after dropping my team off last night in Nairobi.

As Allison would say, here in Kitale storms a brewin'. Write to you tomorrow.

Nakupenda.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You have done so much this past couple of weeks! I hope you are able to rest today. Sounds like you are in a full house!! I love you so much and am so happy that you are writing your blog now. I can't wait to hear more stories.

    ReplyDelete